Currently listening to ::♫Perfect Blues – 1920s, 30s, & 40s Vintage Blues♫
I never thought blogging could be so therapeutic and fun. I thought I’d be frying my brain every week, trying to come up with something to write about. And believe me, there are days when I try too hard to blog that I forget to ENJOY it.
Here are some straight-to-the-point reasons why I enjoy blogging ::
- It keeps my mind busy so I won’t have time to think negative thoughts, most especially since I struggle with PTSD.
- It challenges me to write about things that would be uncomfortable to talk about in the real world.
- I can vent all my frustrations and share my feelings through typing.
- Being a self-professed socially awkward introvert has its… ‘troubles,’ and so there’s nothing better for me than to write from the comfort of my home, without talking to someone and bawling my eyes out.
- I don’t have to follow rules; I can make up my own! I can write however I want, whatever I want, whenever I want. ( Meaning I don’t have to pretend to be someone else; I don’t have to make my blog look like someone’s else’s or fit the ideal standard of a blog site)
- I get to connect with other amazing bloggers who share similar interests as me. It’s safe to assume that many of them also enjoy the comfort and safety of connecting with others via internet & WordPress without having to talk face to face. Ah! The privileges of the 21st century!
- I make myself laugh because of the things I come up with in my own blog. HAHAHAHA *sighs*
- Makes the day go by faster when there is nothing to do at home.
- Writing about small or big victories helps me to appreciate the blessings God has bestowed upon me and how far I’ve come. Taking a step back and looking at things from a different perspective often encourages me to continue pressing forward when I’m faced with countless difficulties.
- I’ve discovered a new passion/hobby :: writing book reviews for fun. What can possibly be better than talking about your love of books, and what you do or don’t like about them?!
Why do you enjoy blogging? How has it helped or been of good use to you?
Share your thoughts below!
Have a great week, bloggers and book worms!