Hope you bloggers like my new theme. It was the best I could find to go with the season. I love Autumn and I’m so happy it’s that time of year again!
I’d like give a HUGE thanks to Books Teacup and Reviews for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award! Check out the answers she wrote here, and be sure to check her other book reviews and author interviews while at it! I just adore her blog; it’s so organized and it makes mine look like amateur’s work! Lol. Seriously, check her blog out!
It’s my first time being nominated for any kind of blog award, so this is a cool treat. 😉
RULES OF THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD ::
1.) Thank the bloggers who nominated you and share their links.
2.) Nominate at least 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
3.) Also, inform them about their nomination.
4.) Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
7 Things/Facts ::
1. One of the facts I forgot to mention in the About Karmilia page is that I am a singer. Currently debating whether or not I want to post videos of me singing my all time favorite songs. My voice style? Think Princess Jasmine, Ariel, or any of the Disney Princess voices… that’s the best way I can describe my voice to you.
2. I may seem confident online, but I struggle with insecurity issues in the offline world. I’ve improved over the years and have learned to embrace and accept myself- flaws and all- but I still have difficulty making friends and being myself. It’s hard embracing oneself when you constantly tell yourself that you have to be like everyone else. I struggle to tell myself that my voice/talents, writing style, creative ideas, and physical appearance is good enough more times than I can count.
3. One of the ways I get involved in helping others is by donating to children in Syria that have been affected by Isis. (You can find out more here) As a Christian, I believe it is my responsibility to invest in the well being of others who are hurting and need help. My hope is that I can also continue to help others who’ve experienced trauma or abuse of any shape or form whether through music, my blog posts, money, etc.
4. I have difficulty going to sleep on some nights because I can’t wrap my mind around some of the most embarrassing things I’ve said and done in my life (Ex: I fail to reply with a ‘thank you’ instead of ‘you too’ when a waiter/waitress says ‘enjoy your meal!’) I lie awake and beg God to never reveal my deepest darkest secrets to either my friends as well as my enemies… can you imagine that?
5. i LOVE anime and i LOVE Renaissance Festivals. Inuyasha is hands down my favorite anime series of ALL time. I’m also a fan of Ghost in a Shell, Bleach, and Fairy Tail (which my husband got me into). I love the Renaissance Era (another thing my husband and I share in common) & try to go to the festivals every year; everything about it- the music, the food, the costumes- makes my heart leap. Of course, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like living in that era though…
6. I have this strange obsession with blackhead/pimple removal videos and follow Dr. Pimple Popper’s work on Instagram. I once dedicated a chunk of my time to browsing through that ‘weird side’ of YouTube. I was overwhelmed by feelings of guilt and satisfaction…
7. Living in California certainly has its privileges… but I’m the kind of gal who can be totally oblivious to that. Example? Hollywood stars stand right in front of me, go to the same church as I, or pass by me multiple times… and it is only once I’m talking to them or going out on a girl-date that I realize who I’m speaking to.
You guys still there? I hope I haven’t scared you off. If you made it this far, horray! Thank you for reading the ‘Me’ facts!
I nominate ::
Danielle @ theintrovertedbooknerd.wordpress.com
Charlotte @ charlotteannelise.wordpress.com
Alyssa @ bookwasbetterweb.wordpress.com
Danielle @ lifeofaliterarynerd.wordpress.com
Kristi @ confessionsofayareader.wordpress.com
Joanne @ incaseofbookishness.wordpress.com
Mariana @ bookisglee.wordpress.com